Saturday, June 19, 2010

Friendship in music



"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
~ Unknown

2010 is going by rather fast ( it has already been 6 months-that's basically half a year!). I've jsut finished 4 exams this past week and am preparing for my last two which will take place next Wednesday and Thursday. However, I have been blessed since I was able to spend time with my awesome O.M.4.G (Our Music For God) band members during my most stressful times. Honestly, when I found out that 2 of my great friends/ band members will be leaving soon after the School year has come to an end I felt sad and I know I will miss these two friends very much. However, at the same time I am rather happy for them. I mean, at least I know they are leaving for a good reason--- to journey on and pursue their dreams. These two friends will be leaving to attend the post secondary that will one day help them set their foundation for their ultimate goal. I wish them the best of luck and that God will guide them through their lifetime.

I have grown so much since band started back in September 2009, I have grown spiritually and faithfully stronger,as well my relationships with my fellow band members have increasingly gotten closer. I thank the lord for letting me meet such great friends in my parish who all share the same interest in music and faith! If you haven't noticed already, I did choose a quote (located at the top of this post) to match my reflection. This has officially become my mosf favorite quote! The first time I saw this quote was when I was at a craftstore looking through the stamps section and I found this quote on one of the stamps. This quote is really awesome and it totally matches the feelings I have towards O.M.4.G. As mentioned, I was able to build strong bonds with my friends and well today I recieved a really strong encouragement from a fellow member that has become and inspiration to me. I will try and do as he mentioned, to write and compose my own music. I know I am not a very good pianist/ musician... but I will try, I will try to make my own song that will express my true feelings towards friendship as well as Jesus the beloved saviour!

I have already decided to make my own english cover of the Korean worship song "
하나님은 너를 지키시는 자". I don't know if I will succeed but I will try my best! Once again, I thank my friend for giving me such a strong encouragement!

Cheers!
Little Stars