Monday, July 02, 2012

The Annual Canada Day Trip: Lake Louise & Banff

Lake Louise: The Fairmount Banff Spring Hotel
Every year, my family and I would travel to the near by small town of Banff to celebrate Canada Day. We love the close to nature feelings the town gives us, it is a great way to get away from the city life and pollution once in a while.
Lake Louise

 First Stop: Lake Louise

This year, it was a little bit different, we were able to get two other families to join us so it was a little more fun! The first stop we went to was Lake Louise, this small town is just approximately 1 and a half to 2 hours away from my city. There isn't very much to do in this town except to visit the amazing hotel and take pictures at the beautiful lake. However, just becuase the city is just so stressful most of the time, being able to get away from it and enjoying the beautiful scenery of nature, totally makes it worthwhile to visit.

One thing I really like about Lake Louise is how you can still experience the "Classical Grandness", the Hotel is a very old architecture that has been preserved, yet at the same time you get a fusion of Mondern lifestyle in it.

Next Stop: Banff 

Perhaps my most favorite town in Alberta. Banff is just approximately 1- 1 and a half hours away from my city. I fell in love with this amazing town since I was a child. Though I visit this town almost every year, I never get bored of it. I love the close to nature and multicultural feeling it has to it! I have blogged about Banff before, so I won't go into all the details of the town. However, this time, for the travel adventures, I will be talking about the Korean Restaurant "Seoul Country".

Seoul Country Restaurant


Fried Mandu, Mandu/Dduk soup, & BBQ
Cute decorations found in the Restaurant
I cannot stress enough how much I love Korean food, though some things are similar to Chinese Cuisine, there is a sense of richness in taste that makes Korean cuisine one of my favorites.  The Restaurant is located in Sundance Mall of Banff. You won't miss this mall because there is a very famous Chocolate shop in the mall, so if any of you do travel to Banff, you can look for the mall with a large glass window on the front, that displays chocolate making. Seoul Country is just in the inner corner of the mall.This year, there were 10 of us who went together to eat, so we could order a variety of foods to try. Having tried Korean cuisine before, I often look for the foods that are kind of special and appealing to try. However, I guess because this Restaurant is located in a tourist town, there wouldn't be too much of the "special dishes" of the Korean Cuisine. So like the usual, we ordered Mandu & Dduk soup, fried dumplings, Hotpot and BBQ, and Bibimbap. One thing I didn't really like about their menu was the fact that they didn't have set combos. So if you were to order meat on the grill, you'l have to order each item separately. The meat options they had were beef, pork, chicken, and seafood-- the usual. Having a large number of people, we ordered all 4 options ^___________^.



Seafood Hot Pot
I thought that the BBQ and the Mandu soup was pretty good. But out of all the dishes we tried, including the side dishes. The kimchi spinach and Seafood hotpot were perhaps the ones that stood out for me. The seafood hotopt was rich and the spiciness was just right. Being a great fan of spicy foods, I enjoyed the hot pot very much. As for the Kimchi spinach, I have never really had in a restaurant before, so it was definitely something very different and worth trying.

Thanks for Visiting!
Little Stars