Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hanging out. Shopping. Eating


Ever since the CORE shopping center in the Downtown of my city got renovated, a number of great stores, awesome food choices (at the food court) came along, not to mention the stunning architecture and interior design-- compared to the super gheto looking mall few years back!

froshberg Gelato

Green apple Gelato! YUM!
I think everyone knows what gelato is, it's ice cream really, but Italian style. And with gelato, I personally think it is lighter, less rich and creamy compared to the usual "ice cream". In fact, with gelato, there are way more interesting flavors comparing to the normal ice cream choices like bubble gum, vanilla, chocolate, tiger, etc. With gelato, you get more choices such as nutella, coconut, watermelon, grapefruit, green apple, pistachio, etc. After walking in the heat and eating such a large Korean lunch, my friends and I stopped by the gelato place in the mall to chill from the heat. The place we have gone to is called Froshberg Gelato, it  opened since  renovation completed, but I have never been to it before. If I could rate the gelato place, I would give it a 4 out of 5, I absolutely loved the design of this concession, and the servers were absolutely polite and kind. Most importantly, the  amount of gelato you get for a single scoop is more than enough for a person, so it is really worth your money! But why did I knock of one point? Not because of crappy services or unreasonable pricing, but the fact that they ran out of Pistachio gelato... definitely will have to go back another day to try it out!

Fruit Bursting Flavors!

Grapefruit/Watermelon and Green Apple Gelato with my 2 friends!
I mentioned before, that gelato has more fresh fruit flavors to pick from compared to usual ice cream. So for the first time trying out this place,I took the recommendation from my friend and  picked a  light fruit flavor -- GREEN APPLE! How to describe it? Maybe because I was feeling kinda bloated  from the heaviness of the Korean lunch, so having green apple help lighten up my bloated stomach. The sweetish & sour taste really sparked my taste buds and help me feel refreshed from the heat and bloated sensation. My other friend, who had been hear before, ordered two scoops of different flavors....watermelon and grapefruit. Although I only tasted a little bit of both, comparing the two flavors she picked, I prefer the grapefruit flavor more. I mean, the watermelon was great, but some how I felt that the watermelon flavor almost tasted too much like children's toothpaste. Whereas, the grapefruit flavor had the tingy, sour, refreshing taste to it; similar to the green apple. But, I guess if you combine the two flavors together, it's like "perfect couple match" the sweet light taste of watermelon balanced out well with the sour and refreshing taste of grapefruit.

A stroll in the Garden.......

One thing I really like about  the City Center mall is the close to nature feeling it has 4 seasons a year. This mall has a interior garden build in that is incorporated into the food court, the garden is called "Devonian Garden"... so it's almost like you're chilling and eating out in nature, without all the bugs and birds crowding around your food. The garden has fishes, trees and plants in a modernized design. However, compared to its previous layout (before renovation) it has become much smaller. But then again, you can't really complain after seeing how clean and eco- friendly it looks. I guess it's a good way to incorporate the garden to be part of the food court, you can go for a quick stroll "in the park" after munching on a whole bunch of calories.








Well that's all for today!
Little Stars