Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Trip- Canmore


Take a look at my yummy piece of pizza and organic coffee!
Wow, I can't believe it, there is only a half an hour left of 2010! As promised I would share the adventures of my New Years Eve trip to Canmore to everyone. Well Here it goes!
My family and our family friends traveled to Canmore just to celebrate New Years Eve with the wonderful winter- looking nature and mountains. Though the temperature was extremely cold, the sunshine and the view really captured our hearts and "warmed" our eyes. Such a treat! Canmore is a really small town just an hour outside of the city I live in. It's like "mini Banff" in my opinion. We traveled through the streets of their small town center hoping to find a good place to have lunch. Unfortunately, due to our poor planning skills we didn't quite find a good place. We managed to stumble upon a Chinese Restaurant that totally ripped us off >.<. But, well we didn't give up, after the super small 'Chinese lunch' we had we continued traveling down the freezing streets and well luckily we found the most cutest and delicious Flatbread restaurant! It is called Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co. They serve the most delicious and filling flatbread pizzas :] Except, I wasn't quite a fan of their Goat Cheese flatbread pizzas. The pizza I had was awesome, it was the "Special" of the day and it was made with mozzarella cheese, pork strips, tomato sauce, potatoes, peppers etc...... soo good! And well the best part of course was the dessert-- they called it the Dessert Flatbread pizza, it was made with melted white chocolate, chocolate brownie cheesecake crumbs, and blackberries served with ice cream that you could scoop on top each slice you had. JUST AMAZING! Oh and well the organic coffee (with a free refill XD) was pretty awesome too! To be honest, the trip to Canmore started out super freezing and "ripped off" but it got better after the amazing pizza lunch and well amazing winter mountain views!

Well, it is 11:58 now, I would like to wish all visitors of my blog a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
God Bless!
Little Stars