Friday, December 09, 2011

"I'm not gonna serve you." .... Well your service is not worth my money.

I don't know if any of you have experienced this or not, if you have how did you deal with it? If not, well this is a rant about an incident that happened at lunch today. I don't wanna mention where this restauraunt is or what it is called. So, I am just going to refer to it as Restaurant X and the jerk host as Mr. Y.

Friday, end of the working days, a time to chill; a time to go out for lunch.

It stopped snowing and was rather warm today so of course my lovely mother and I decided we would go to our favorite Pho place for lunch. Restaurant X, we were usual customers, their pho isn't the best but they're quick and fast in terms of serving. I don't specifically like or dislike the place, but after today I think I've jumped to the dislike side.

12:30pm, lunch hour. Probably the worst time to go for lunch. We stepped inside the restaurant seeing that it was packed with people. A large crowd was waiting in the extremely small entrance area. My mother, being a sweetie like she always is decided she would respectfully wait in line for her turn to get a table. She even held the door for others! But, today was not our day. Two men swiftly walked in and went straight ahead of us and registered their name on a list.

WAIT. A LIST? WHAT? WHEN DID THEY HAVE THIS POLICY? Remember, we are usual customers (o_o).

My mom, seeing this, obviously felt upset, she waited for so long and these two men line jumped. (>.<). right? So, my mom stepped up to the Mr. Y and said "Um sir, i was before those two gentlemen." He glared at my mom with disbelief and put his hand over the sign up sheet.

"No you weren't." he said.
"YES I was. Ask those two gentlemen" my mom replied.
With much disbelief, he asked the two men: "Was she before you guys."
For some odd reason those two men made it seem like my mom lined jump and unwillingly nodded their heads.

So Mr. Y unwillingly let my mom put her name above. My mom then made a suggestion to Mr. Y that they should make a sign saying "please sign up to wait for a table" and then told him: "You really shouldn't be acting like that, it was rude. Why would I lie about this?"

OKAY. That blew it. He got pissed and faked a chuckle. And then he made another extremely  rude comment about my mom that I didn't quite hear from the loud noise of the restaurant. Then, all I heard was my mom saying "SHUT UP." (uh oh.)

"You go then, if you're so unsatisfied, I'm not gonna serve you."
My mom, being a strong woman then said... "Well your service is not worth my money anyways." and we left.

It is funny isn't it? It was a simple problem from before, yet because of what they said to one another it became a major issue.

I am not saying I fully support my mom because well she did become quite angry at the guy. But I am definitely NOT supporting MR. Y either.

But just a personal thought: If we would just take a deep breath, and try to rephrase our words, maybe this problem would not have occured.

Conclusion to this incident? We're never gonna set foot in Restaurant X ever again.

Cheers!
Little Stars